Call For Speakers
Cambodia YIGF organizing committees are sincerely looking for potential speakers to show interests by submit abstracts at least 1 (2 maximum) under our sub themes.
Call for Speaker for Cambodia YIGF 2023
The first Cambodia Youth Internet Governance Forum 2023 (YIGF) will be held in September 2023 in Cambodia Academy of Digital Technology(CADT), Phnom Penh, Cambodia under the main theme, “Digital Empowerment: Ensuring Access, Safety, and Opportunities for All”. This event encompasses a sequence of gatherings that unites youth in profound discussion and deliberation regarding the matter pertaining to Internet governance that impact the users in Cambodia, especially youth group.
The Main Theme of Cambodia YIGF 2023 : “Digital Empowerment: Ensuring Access, safety, and Opportunities for All” which is followed by the Sub-theme:
- Introduction to AI
- Understanding the fundamental concepts and techniques used in AI, such as machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision,
- Ensuring transparency and accountability in AI systems to build trust among users and address concerns of bias or discrimination.
- Knowledge of different AI techniques and algorithms, and their applications in various fields,
- Implementing AI solutions, including data collection, preprocessing, model training, and evaluation,
- Exploring societal impacts of AI, as well as current trends and advancements in the field.
- Digital Rights and Online Responsibility
- Digital Literacy and Education: Promote digital literacy programs to educate children and parents about online safety and responsible internet usage.
- Parental Guidance and Monitoring: Encourage parents to actively engage in their children’s online activities, set boundaries, and use parental control and monitoring tools to ensure a safe digital environment.
- Cyberbullying Awareness and Prevention: Raise awareness about cyberbullying and empower children to recognize and respond to incidents, while encouraging parents to provide support and guidance.
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Educating individuals about common cyber-security threats, such as malware, phishing, and identity theft, and promoting preventive measures.
- Highlighting the importance of strong passwords, regular software updates, and safe browsing habits to protect personal information.
- Advocating for data privacy rights and promoting the use of encryption, secure communication channels, and privacy-enhancing technologies.
- Increasing awareness about the different types of phishing attacks, such as email, SMS, and social media phishing.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Age between 18 years old and older
- Any nationality including Cambodian
- Able to create and host an interactive, practical and insightful presentation mainly focusing on Cambodia context
- Speakers should possess a deep understanding of internet governance and related topics.
- We would like to open for diverse speakers, including different genders, ethnicity, backgrounds, and regions and youth speakers.
Speaker selection timeline
Monday 28 August 2023 Finalist Speakers
Friday 18 August 2023 Shortlisting Speakers
Tuesday 15 August 2023 Deadline of Submissions
Wednesday 2 August 2023 Call for Speakers Open
*Note: We reserve the right to make alternative if necessary in term of selection timeline.
Open Development Cambodia (ODC) is an ‘open data’ website, the first of its kind in Southeast Asia. The open data movement is based on the simple premise that data collected for public interest should be publicly available without restrictions. Information or data in the public domain should be freely available to everyone to use and republish as they wish.
In 2023, Open Development Cambodia (ODC) introduced YIGF to Cambodian youth for the first time. It aimed to raise the awareness of youth on Internet governance discourse and to encourage the young generation to have more active engagement in policy discussion and the decision-making process. The forum allows youth, technological professionals, policymakers, and experts to share knowledge and to make positive changes in information sharing and internet safety, in addition to that is for them to understand their role in future society.
Open Development Cambodia seeks partnerships to expand and enhance operations, acquire data, and increase accessibility and participation.
The SecDev Foundation is a Canada-based NGO working globally to promote digital resilience among vulnerable populations. Most often, we work with women, youth, and at-risk civil society organizations. We help them protect themselves from an evolving world of digital harms—whether that’s hacking, phishing, social engineering, disinformation, or gender-based violence. Ultimately, that helps people build their own capacity to make life better for themselves and their communities.
In Collaboration with
Chumrum Digital was founded with the intention of promoting technology awareness by disseminating information in Khmer on digital etiquette and cyber security. Our goal is to close the knowledge gaps in digital technology, with a particular emphasis on high school and college students as well as the general public who are at risk of harm from the internet, particularly those who reside in rural areas.
Chumrum Digital educates all internet users in Cambodia on how to use the internet correctly and safely as well as how to defend oneself against different online threats including phishing attempts and hacking.
APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, pronounced A-P-NIC) is an open, independent, not-for-profit membership organization that underpins the infrastructure and growth of the Internet in the Asia Pacific.