Call for Volunteers
Cambodia YIGF organizing committees are sincerely looking for potential volunteers to participate in organizing and disseminating the forum that will be held at the Cambodia Academy of Digital Technology (CADT) from 23 to 24 September 2023.
Call for Volunteers for Cambodia YIGF 2023
The first Cambodia Youth Internet Governance Forum 2023 (YIGF) will be held in September 2023 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. This event encompasses a sequence of gatherings that unites youth in profound discussion and deliberation regarding matters pertaining to internet governance that impact users in Cambodia, particularly youth.
Date of Forum: 23rd-24th September 2023
Location: Cambodia Academy of Digital Technology (CADT), Phnom Penh
The Main Theme of Cambodia YIGF 2023 : “Digital Empowerment: Ensuring Access, safety, and Opportunities for All” which is followed by the Sub-theme:
- Introduction to AI
- Digital Rights and Online Responsibility
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- To be a part of main pillar to the first YIGF in Cambodia
- Contribute to the awareness raising of internet governance among Cambodian youths
- Opportunity to be the organizing committee for future YIGF in Cambodia
- Obtain knowledge on matters surrounding the internet
- Build the network and self-professional development
- Meal will be provided on forum day
- Join after party
- Certificate of appreciation
Roles and Responsibilities
- Media Facilitator
- Assist in creating and editing media contents
- Assist in photo taking and video recording during event
- Prepare, post, and write captions on our social media platforms
- Technical Facilitator/Online Speaker Coordinator
- Participate and initiate online conversation across a variety of channels
- Facilitate the speaker in term of technical assistance
- Assist with the set up of sound equipment and technical issues prior to/during the event
- Collate speaker presentations and related materials
- Event Facilitator
- Oversee certain tasks throughout the event
- Assist in managing the participants and speakers in appropriate place during event
- Ensure supply chain operations are coordinated and monitored
- Operational Support
- Support closely with Organizing Committee
- Oversee on meals and well-being of all teams
- Motivate to help people and think on your feet
- Logistical oversite
- Speaker Moderator
- Be a moderator for each session of speaker
- Be able to connect with audience and speaker on a deeper level of understanding
- Understand the basic knowledge of Internet Governance and Technological Innovation
Volunteer selection timeline
*Note: We reserve the right to make alternative if necessary in term of selection timeline.
Open Development Cambodia (ODC) is an ‘open data’ website, the first of its kind in Southeast Asia. The open data movement is based on the simple premise that data collected for public interest should be publicly available without restrictions. Information or data in the public domain should be freely available to everyone to use and republish as they wish.
In 2023, Open Development Cambodia (ODC) introduced YIGF to Cambodian youth for the first time. It aimed to raise the awareness of youth on Internet governance discourse and to encourage the young generation to have more active engagement in policy discussion and the decision-making process. The forum allows youth, technological professionals, policymakers, and experts to share knowledge and to make positive changes in information sharing and internet safety, in addition to that is for them to understand their role in future society.
Open Development Cambodia seeks partnerships to expand and enhance operations, acquire data, and increase accessibility and participation.
The SecDev Foundation is a Canada-based NGO working globally to promote digital resilience among vulnerable populations. Most often, we work with women, youth, and at-risk civil society organizations. We help them protect themselves from an evolving world of digital harms—whether that’s hacking, phishing, social engineering, disinformation, or gender-based violence. Ultimately, that helps people build their own capacity to make life better for themselves and their communities.
In Collaboration with
Chumrum Digital was founded with the intention of promoting technology awareness by disseminating information in Khmer on digital etiquette and cyber security. Our goal is to close the knowledge gaps in digital technology, with a particular emphasis on high school and college students as well as the general public who are at risk of harm from the internet, particularly those who reside in rural areas.
Chumrum Digital educates all internet users in Cambodia on how to use the internet correctly and safely as well as how to defend oneself against different online threats including phishing attempts and hacking.
APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre, pronounced A-P-NIC) is an open, independent, not-for-profit membership organization that underpins the infrastructure and growth of the Internet in the Asia Pacific.